Monday, May 4, 2009

Amigurumi!

I was at the bookstore the other day and while I was idly browsing through the crafting section when I came across a book called Crobots! by Nelly Pailloux. What is this? I thought at I pulled it from the shelf. When I saw that it was a book of crocheted robots, I kind of freaked out. How ridiculously cute could a book possibly be? Needless to say I had to have it and a book called Creepy Cute Crochet by Christen Haden, which is full of tiny crocheted horror creatures. Well as soon as I got these books I've been crocheting like a fiend, hardly taking a break, and I'm completely obsessed with this craft known as Amigurumi now. If anyone has any recommendations on techniques and resources please let me know, I just started doing this a few days ago, and I have fairly limited expertise in crocheting in general (I'm a knitter at heart!) I'm also trying to figure out how much yarn I need for projects so I can start spinning and dying my own materials. I'll try and post pictures at some point.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! I think I saw both of these books or at least one of them at the B & N I go to. Please post some pics of the monster's you create, through crochet. Have Fun, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hurry up! You need to show the world the creatures you have created becaus I have seen them and they are AMAZING! haha...I want to see more ;)

    ReplyDelete