Thursday, February 12, 2009

Dancing

Thanks everyone for your comments on my post, I started this thinking no one would probably even read it :) In response to the random comments on my last blog I thought I'd say a little bit about dancing. I've been dancing my whole life. One of my earliest memories is dancing around the house till I was sweaty and dehydrated before I even started kindergarten. I just moved to the music. My parents enrolled me in ballet classes when I was 4 but apparently I didn't deal well with the structure so that didn't last too long. My grandma taught me line dancing and some ballroom starting very young, and around the 6th grade I started belly dancing. I've taken a few jazz classes but for reasons I can't remember I dropped out. Nowadays I dance like crazy in my apartment and I've been out to clubs in seattle only a few times, but loved every minute of it. I love belly dancing because I can do it solo, but I love all forms of dance. I believe humans were meant to dance and we should all do it more often and more publicly.

No comments:

Post a Comment